It's hard to be alone in this day and age. It's like a constant battle to find someone. Isn't that what everyone is doing? Trying to find someone? Everywhere you go you're surrounded by people in love and this fake image of how love should be, like music and movies. It puts off this great image of how great love can be. But it always fails to mention, the problems that come with being in a relationship. The fights, the constant struggle to remain happy.
I'm sick of how fake it is. It makes me lose hope. Even though I feel as though I've never had hope. Travis pretty much ruined 'hope' for me. I couldn't have been more in love with him.. My heart and soul and everything I was, was COMPLETELY invested in him. I gave him chance after chance and remained faithful to him. And here I am, 5 years later, with nothing. Nothing but devastation.
I feel devastated, but here I am, wondering when I'm going to find someone. Isn't that twisted? Why would I want that again? Why do I feel like I need to have someone to feel complete? When am I going to be content being alone?
The answer is unknown.
I know you don't really want any "advice" but maybe mine will help a little?? So here goes...Its normal not to want to be alone. Don't let one relationship screw up the other ones you have in store. Marriage or any strong relationship is a very difficult thing to keep going for any couple. The point is that BOTH of you are trying to make it work. You tried, Travis apparently didn't or didn't try hard enough and it left you being the one to feel the hurt. Giving a person a second chance isn't a bad thing, but after that it lets you see them for who they really are. You will definitely find someone someday who WILL treat you right and who will put in as much effort into the relationship as you do. Just don't give up hope and keep your ideas of a real relationship practical. The movies are definitely all a lie... and as much as even I want them to explain what true love is, it really doesn't. We all secretly wish for the fairytale story where the men turn out to be perfect and we are happy all the time, but as you have realized it isn't reality. You are a strong woman who will be able to decide who is the "perfect" yet imperfect guy for you. ;)
ReplyDelete